- Practice limited to Surgical and Prosthetic Implantology,
- Master's degree in Biological and Medical Sciences,
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Center for Implantology, Department of Restorative Dentistry, University of Loma Linda, USA,
- Teaching Assistant at the degree of Implantology & Head of the literature review - University of Corsica, Corte,
- Postgraduate in Surgical and Prosthetic Implantology, University of Loma Linda, USA,
- European Inter-University Degree "Oral Implantology", University of Corsica, Corte,
- University Clinical Degree of Advanced Implant Surgery, Paris 7.
Is Sinus graft a risk factor for peri-implantitis ?
Scarce scientific information are available on that subject; therefore the clinical experience of treatment of peri-implantitis and sinus graft with lateral window will help us to understand the link between those two entity.
Definition, ethology, prevalence, treatment and prevention will be discussed when implants are placed in sinus grafts.
Several questions must be answered:
Do peri-implantitis occur more often in grafted areas than in non-grafted ones?
Is sinus graft a risk factor for the progress of peri-implantitis?
Can short implants be a reliable alternative?
As a conclusion, should we approach the sinus differently?